Friday, July 6, 2012

These Are a Few of My Favorite Things ~ Fourth of July Week

I am not a fan of the Fourth of July holiday being smack in the middle of the week. I feel like half way through the holiday celebrations people were thinking about the rest of the work week and all that needed to be done. So if the powers that be could just make sure the Fourth is always on a Friday that would be fab! (Wish it was that easy, right?!?)

It's been a good week around here. We got to spend the day with my family on the Fourth and the kids and I stayed on for an extra day to get in more visiting time. Here are a few of the many things that made me smile this week!

~ My and my youngest's 4th of July manis! We did them ourselves using Sally Hansen Insta-Dri nail polish in Co-Bolt Blue and Rapid Red and Sally Hansen Nail Art Pen in White. I think they turned out pretty cute!

~ My Fourth of July bracelet stack. I love arm candy! The large beaded bracelet came from Africa. My best friend's daughter has a ministry (Love Thru Shoes) providing shoes to the African people and she brought this back to me for helping out with a shoe drive at our school.

~ My Fourth of July ride. One of my brothers works for Land Rover and knows my obsession with Range Rovers so every Fourth he brings one home for me to drive. This was one of the best yet. When I took her out for a drive I almost didn't come back! ;-)

~ A cup of homemade vanilla chi tea made for me by my sweet baby girl one morning this week when I wasn't feeling well.

~ My lunch today. Chicken salad with cranberries and walnuts from my favorite organic deli. Somedays it's the little things, ya know?

~ Pool day with my kids, mom, sis-in-law and five of my adorable nephews.

~ My son and five of my nephews. Six of the greatest guys on earth! Have you ever seen a more handsome crew?

Hope your holiday week was wonderful and your weekend is off to a savvy and stylish start!

<3 Mz Savvy Style

5 comments:

Megan, TfDiaries.com said...

love your nails - happy weekend!
Xo Megan

Jenny said...

What a fabulous manicure! Just great!

<3 Jenny
www.crazystylelove.com

Content Director - Strong Female Leaders said...

Such a beautiful life. Love your manis.

Beauty and Fashion in Seattle | Cheap Makeup Reviews

Fashion-isha said...

It looks like you had a great 4th of July! Thanks for sharing your favorites with us. Have a wonderful Sudnay!!
xo
Sharon

Kimberlee said...

Great July 4th nails!