Monday, November 24, 2014

Thanksgiving Outfit Inspiration

It's a few days before Thanksgiving and it's time for me to decide what I'm wearing for our holiday festivities.  We go to my in-laws for the day ~ which doesn't just involve dinner but also the annual family Christmas picture.  Last year I wore leather leggings (my uniform) with a sequin sweater (you can see last year's look here) and this year I'm thinking sequins again ~ but in pants.  What is it about the holidays that makes me want to wear sequins?  They are just so fun and festive and are so easy to dress up or down.  They look just as good with a cashmere sweater as they do with denim.  For Thursday I'm thinking a comfy sweater with sequin bottoms, statement shoes and of course, fabulous jewelry!


The first outfit is more has more of a casual vibe and is very close to what I wore last year except the sequins were on top and not on bottom!
Black Tunic Sweater: blackfive.com {Identical from Target}
Black Sequin Leggings: Lauren by Ralph Lauren {so perfect to wear all through the holidays and beyond!}
Leopard Booties: vestiairecollective.com {these perfect booties are on my Christmas wish list!}
Red Cross-Body Bag: C. Wonder
Buffalo Plaid Infinity Scarf: Steve Madden/Nordstrom
Hematite and Gold Studs: Stella & Dot
Arm Party: Inspiration BangleEden BangleRenegade Cluster Bracelet

The second outfit is my dream Thanksgiving/holiday outfit.  It's the perfect casual/comfy/dressy mix and oh, so me!  I have all of the pieces except the silver sequin joggers and if I can get my hands on them this is what I'll be wearing for sure!
Ivory Cashmere Sweater: Athleta
Silver Sequin Cropped Joggers: Calypso St. Barth {Similar here}
Snakeskin Pumps: Manolo Blahnik
Clutch: Louis Vuitton
Earrings: Casablanca Chandeliers {These earrings can be worn three different ways! Perfect for the holidays!}
Bracelet: Stella & Dot
Necklace: Demi Layering Necklace in Silver


What are your plans for this Thursday?  Have you picked out your holiday outfit yet?  I hope today's post gave you a little inspiration!

XO
Elizabeth

3 comments:

Kristin and Megan said...

Can we talk about those silver pants? Obsessed!

Unknown said...

I love the slouchy sequin pants! Have a happy Thanksgiving!

-Jenny
http://www.babblingsofamommy.com/2014/11/style-inpiration-jennifer-aniston.html

Diana Maria said...

I think I need a sequined blouse in my life! You know I couldn't handle pants. ;)