Monday, July 20, 2015

It's All About the Fringe

I have been looking for the perfect summer/vacation LBD (little black dress) since seeing the movie The Other Woman and becoming obsessed with Cameron Diazs' character's entire wardrobe.  Her clothes, bags and jewelry were absolute perfection throughout the whole movie, especially this dress and this necklace.  I'm built NOTHING like Cameron (and I never will be unless I hit a sudden growth spurt, grow 8 inches and loose 30 pounds) but I can take her style and make it my own which is what I did.  I found this fringe trapeze cami dress at Forever 21 and it is exactly what I had been looking for.  The shorter hemline is better for my petite frame and the fringe makes it so much fun!!  I paired my dress with simple jewelry a'la Cameron, floral lace-up sandals and a straw bag.

My bag is from a consignment shop years ago.  Here's a similar one (and it's on sale!)  The shoes are current Madden Girl.



It was so humid when we shot these pictures that the camera lens kept fogging up!


~ What I'm Wearing ~

Black Fringe Swing Dress: Forever 21
Straw Tote: Old (Similar)
Floral Heels: Madden Girl
Necklaces: Bianca Lariat in Silver and Crescent Bar Necklace in Silver (both can be worn a few different ways and pair really well together! They have been on constant repeat this summer.)
Earrings: Pave Triangle Ear Jacket in Silver (these can be worn 6 different ways!!)
Bracelets: Pave Arrow CuffBlessed Inspiration BangleGilded Arrow Bangle
















Our home away from home last week on St. George Island Plantation.


Have you ever seen a movie and become totally obsessed with the wardrobe?  It's not my first time and I know it won't be the last!

XO
Elizabeth


Photos by Virginia Hall


I'm linking up with some of my favorite blogs/bloggers this week.  Links in sidebar.

1 comment:

HeidiFerguson said...

Great pictures!! Love the moodiness of the foggy camera! LOL! That dress is adorable on you of course!!!