Thursday, August 13, 2015

Empire State Finery Trunk Show

As a blogger/stylist I go to a lot of events and most of them are in Atlanta, which is a 1-2 hour drive depending on venue, so I was really excited when one of my favorite local Athens boutiques, Heery's, said they were having an Empire State Finery trunk show hosted by one of my all time favorite bloggers (and WC), Mandy Kellogg Rye of Waiting on Martha.  I was not familiar with Empire State Finery until the trunk show and now this accessory loving girl is a huge fan!  This super cool jewelry line was founded by Paige Booker and Alice Trahant right here in Georgia, which is the Empire State of the South, hence the name. Their line of hand crafted necklaces pays homage to their southern heritage and features everything from vintage vinyl to salmon vertebrae, boars tusk (my favorite) to bullet shells.  There is a casual vibe to the line making each necklace an everyday essential but a statement piece at the same time.  I got to spend some time with one of the designers, Alice, and hear about how Empire State Finery got it's start, how much it's grown in the past two years and their exciting plans for the future.

Empire State Finery's necklaces are made from a variety of materials which makes each piece unique.

This is three necklaces layered together to make a serious statement!

The porter jr. is right up my alley in my favorite color, turquoise.

The emmett is my favorite piece in the line.  It has so many beautiful colors that the styling options are endless!

The event's hostess, Mandy, of Waiting on Martha.  If you don't follow her and read her blog you are missing out!  She's amazing!

Alice, one of the super talented designers of Empire State Finery.


You can find out more about Empire State Finery and purchase these unique pieces HERE.

Thanks Heery'sMandy and Empire State Finery for a great time!

XO
Elizabeth



No comments: